Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Brassiere of Contention

This follows an article I read on THE LOGICAL INDIAN and a recent argument I had with a friend as to why women would wear something to show off the straps on their bra. I'm no expert on female psychology - like there is anyone who can claim that; But these are, to the best of my knowledge, which I would humbly admit needs constant updating and improvement. Nevertheless on the other hand, I do very strongly feel that guys or men who actually have a serious problem with it need to genuinely reconsider their mental health. 


I guess this one is a tad too honest for comfort but anyway...

You know why women let their straps show sometimes? Because they look hot. If you can carry it off that is. And what is wrong with that ..? Can you deal with it..? And by the way a sizable population of men find it that way as well.. Fine, let me not generalize by saying 'most' men.. At least I do. And I am in no denial about it. It is for the same reason some guys seem to take great joy in wearing low slung jeans and show off their clavin klein or jockey underwear.. although it beats me which girl with any sense of aesthetics would find such a sight on the road attractive. Because you know.. I think women have better yardsticks for assessment than their male counterparts.

Women wear it because, just sometimes, it makes them feel good about the way they look.. and what is wrong with that? And there is definitely nothing wrong with you as a guy if it looks attractive to you. This, as long as it can stay to the point of appreciation or even mild admiration and can tell your dick to shut up and behave. If you can't do that, forgive me.. but I don't think you are man enough to wield your python. This, as long as your putrid mind is not telling you that a visible strap is, in some weird way, a desperate woman sending you a distress call to get into her pants. Because as I said before, women usually have better yardsticks than "hotness"; and lets face it guys, we are not as yummy as we think we are, in those fantasized so called "inviting" environments where she would supposedly enjoy our leery glances.

And lastly but probably most importantly, sometimes women wear it so because frankly they just do not give a damn about what you think or judge them to be. And what is wrong with that ..? Probably it doesn't even go as far as to bring your "much valued" judgmental opinion into the arithmetic. It sometimes shows .. sometimes it doesn't.  Big deal. We men need to realize that unlike for us, to most women, a bra is as mundane as the innocent little T shirt- maybe a li'l more important.. I don't know :P. But reasonably speaking, i  don't believe they are really thinking as to which one would be the weapon of choice for the day.

And lets not confuse this with modernity or liberalism. Wearing "less" is not what  constitutes freedom, it lies in wearing what you want without being painted with prejudice. And the responsibility to nurture this freedom lies with the both of us. The female form is almost a form of art except for one minute detail that it is so much higher than art itself. But ever so more substantially tasteful is the female being. So lets not reduce its worth by judging her just on the basis of the things she uses to adorn the form. Probably keep a wider view of the world and take heed of the being which just like yours and mine dreams, feels, hurts, loves and lives. I don't need my head to tell me to respect a woman because "Oh she must be someone's daughter..or someone's sister". Lets respect women for well, simply being women.

With or without the strap showing.

Because she is never "Asking for it"

No comments: