Saturday, August 16, 2008

Love-ly tears

I do not have a sister. Neither a younger one to cuddle, nor an elder one to feel cuddled. Sadly, hence, I may never understand the mysterious equations of sisterly love. Its Raksha Bandhan today and…
For a friend who cried for her bro-



Her voice sounded a heartfelt choke;
Teardrops they where,
In which her eyelashes seemed to soak.

In the last hour of the day,
Under blurred stars and a sullen dark sky;
Yearning for her brother’s presence,
A lonesome heart sobbed into I lonesome cry.

Thinking of a pastry or a plum,
Sharing its sweetness, well, fighting over some.
Stuffed teddies to a laser gun,
They brawled over them, with others they had fun.

Underneath the torn quilt of rivalry,
The warm sense of belonging grew.
Streams of recollection rolled down,
Before her dampened eyes ever knew.

And my heart sunk into its melancholic depths,
Depths of unimaginable gloom.
But sadness never spoke to me so gentle,
Strangely it spread Love’s perfume.

Realization had struck me now,
Struck me with a decorated thread.
A craving sister in my bosom’s fairyland,
But its splendor I may never understand.

10 comments:

rainboy said...

you wrote it so well.
lovely piece

Think Tank said...

woooooooooowwwww...discovery ..engineers can write beautiful poems ..luvly...

Mayuri said...

beautiful.......

Anonymous said...

wow! dat was very touching!
reminded me of my bro. btwn i did luv to hv anoter bro too. :)

Trinaa said...

aaawww...so sweet :)

Shashank Shekhar said...

a very honest piece of work...gr8 job..

Allen's Grey Matter Inc. © 200...whatever !! said...

@ the rainman: I hope i did .. thanks so much..
@ Thinktank: So, the rumours are true...!!?? naay.. just another peice..
@mayuri: m a lazy guy .. so loved your comment.
@illusions : no where nears as yours pal..!!
@Trinaa: i love that 'aawww' thingy.. so sweet :)
@shashank: Great men, m honoured sir. hey kidding buddy .. thanks for the say.

rainboy said...

scrib another one..

Mayuri said...

uv been tagged!

sonal said...

me ke liye :) :P
simply loved it!!