Thursday, March 27, 2008

Fragrance of Heaven

The recent spell of rains after the blistering heat inspired me to jot down a few lines... nothing great, but then... thats me and my thing ... nothing gr8...!!
Sitting by the window
Gazing into sombre sky
The world is a joyful bliss
Testifying its beauty
The winged ones fly.

As the gods begin their heavenly chant
Sounding their rumbling drum
Thunders are what I here,
Intoxicating majesty, as if ageless rum.

Through my hair the winds tunnel through,
Magnificence incomprehensible,
Explanations I have few.

Failing in my quest,
In search of nature’s soul.
So opulent, so divine.
With joyful disbelief in my chest
I shun my weapons of intellect
Only do I watch
Satiated, I take my rest.

And solitary drops fall
Tears from clouds above
Parched and dry, for rescue they call
Answering the prayers of the land
To be seen is no more the sand.

Now, the slaked earth breaths out,
Its a warm sigh of relief.
As raw as dough unleaven
My senses drown in a blissful swoon,
Wet mud afterall, is the fragrance of heaven
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice poem. :)

Anshika said...

awesome yaar...just amazing...dunno wat elz 3 say...me goin a lill speechless!!!